Good lens movement and patient comfort
- Verify movement on blink up to 1mm.
- In the absence of a dry eye diagnosis, patients should get a full day of comfortable wear with most wearing comfortably between 8 and 14 hours.
- Perform a slit lamp evaluation to assess the cornea and epithelium for signs of insult.
- If the patient complains of discomfort when wearing the lenses or temporary spectacle blur after wearing the lenses, use fluorescein to check the cornea for SPE and/or assess the lens fit.
Check acuities at all distances
- Distance visual acuity should be acceptable to the patient. Near vision should be functionally clear at the patient’s personal working distance.